So... Selection Sunday is over. The seeds are set. The bubble teams are... well... bubble teams. Let's get down to business. 30 teams think they will make the Final 4 and maybe 8 teams actually think they will win it all. For Kansas fans, winning on April 7th is all that matters. While the same can be said for fans of UNC, UCLA, Memphis, Tennessee etc.... So, why the urgency in Lawrence this March?
- 1988... it's been 20 long years of ending the season with a loss. Jacque, Kirk, Nick, Wayne, Keith, Paul, Raef, Aaron, Rex, Haase, Woodbury and the rest tried.. but failed to bring home the hardware.
- Roy Williams... Roy winning at UNC still brings a bad taste to my mouth.
- Teams that start with 'B'. Losing to Bucknell and Bradley in the first round in back-to-back years was not how it was supposed to happen.
- Bill Self... has yet to make the Final 4. I am tired of hearing that he is the best not to get there.
- Dick Vitale... used to think he was a fan... now he is just annoying. Keep picking UNC every year... jerk.
- Darnell Jackson, Russell Robinson, Jeremy Case, Sasha Kaun, Brad Witherspoon and Rodrick Stewart... These Seniors are first class.
- Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Sherron Collins and Darrell Arthur our superstar underclassmen that may playing their last couple games.
- If not this year... it's going to be a while.
So... if this is going to be the year for Kansas to win it all... what needs to happen? What are your thoughts? What makes you think Kansas can do what it takes to win it all? What makes you think they can't win? If not Kansas, who?